Sunday, May 5, 2013

Thoughts From Paradise

I had a few days off.  I work a crazy swing shift of 3 days on then 3 days off, then I switch to 3 nights on and three days off, then back again.  But, hey, I have a good job that may end up going from temp to permanent, so I'm not complaining.  After putting in a 60 then a 70 plus hour week I wanted to head to the mountains.  I loaded up my dog "Mama" in the Jeep and headed out...without checking the flow for the rivers and streams of the mountains...it was about 3 times the normal flow and was apparent as soon as I arrived.  My heart wasn't in it or I would have tossed streamers for a few hours.  The drive up took an hour and I stayed for about an hour to fish.  I drove around a bit and took in some scenery too.  I spent my 3-4 hours driving and fishing and thinking about my life and my divorce and all of the mistakes I made that led to it.  I finally came to realize that it had to happen in order for me to grow and become and reasonable human being.  It is sad that I lost the person that I cared the most for but it is nice to know that I have learned something valuable from it.  I've learned a lot about myself, about the golden rule and about what is truly important in life.  Thankfully I still have a great family that I can lean on.  I have a few of solid rocks that are my foundation these days and without my aunts and my sisters I don't know what I would do.  They have always been there for me.  I have a brother in law that is really more like a real brother than anything and nieces and nephews that I enjoy watching grow.  I have a great, sweet little female mountain cur.  I have a decent Jeep to drive and a good skill set that usually lands me a good job.  I have plenty to be thankful for.  One day I'll look back and wish I could have made things work with my wife.  Hell, I do right now, but these things can't be forced.  It takes two.  Life, for some, can meander like a river.  It can start off in a raging torrent and end up with a gentle flow.  For others it never settles to fishable levels.  We all have our troubles in life.  Some will have the water to fish dries, some streamers, others inbetween.  We all have to fish the water we are given.  Well, enough of my ramblings.  I didn't catch any fish, but I did take some decent pics.









No comments: