Saturday, March 31, 2012

Duck River II

  Another week has gone and I decided to head out to explore the Duck River a bit more.  It's near the little town Normandy (TN) and not too far from either Shelbyville, Tullahoma or Manchester.  I think the Goerge Dickel distillery is there or at least a branch of it...not certain how that works as I've seen signs that mention it in Tullahoma as well.  There is a nice little cafe on the square in Normandy that I am certain is open for dinner...not so certain about lunch.  There are 4 public access points for wading and lots of canoers.  Expect a lot of rowdy teenagers but they were all respectfull and all of them called me "sir" when I talked to them, so that was nice.  I took my cousins kid "Jahon" but we only got to fish for a couple of hours as bad storms were in the area.  I caught two little stockers and had two or three more on.  It's a fun little river with eager stockers but not too many holdover fish that have gotten to size.




Eats









Jahon


Me







2 comments:

lauxier said...

this as a great blog--

Dwayne said...

Thanks Lauxier