Sunday, April 29, 2012

Smokies April 2012

I had some vacation coming and I had been wanting to head up to the Smokies to do a little fly fishing, so after a few days of careful planning and packing I took off.  The weather changed within a day and he next three days were cold and wet.  The fishing was off but I kept at it.  I managed to get a few bows to hand on the smaller side. 




A bow at Elkmont


A little bow at Elkmont


I went up high to look for brookies but only ran into little bows


I went lower on the river and started getting into bigger fish...an 11" bow:



A nice brown:


This brown measured out at 12"








Releasing a brown:


Releasing a bow:


Sulfur hatch:


A brown:


A deer crossing the Little River:



2 comments:

Fins on Flies said...

Great trip report! I really like the videos added in. Make me want to get up there and hit some of those runs.

Dwayne said...

Thanks brother. It was a ton of fun.