Sunday, July 27, 2008

I Hate The Smoky's

Well, I spent a few hundred bucks on a cabin, food, gas, etc and went to the Smokey's for a few days and let me tell you: It is hard to catch fish there in the Summer. From what I've heard and read, the Spring and Fall are the best times to go. I know of several people that go in the Summer and still catch fish, but I'm not one of them. I think stealth is key. Fishing a dropper doesn't hurt either. I've been told by several old timers that a person has to be very quiet and do a lot of roll casting. Don't cast a shadow on the water. Hide behind boulders if you have to. Some say you shouldn't even go in the water. If you need a good guide, I've heard that Hugh Hartsell is the guy. Or, call the Little River Outfitter in Townsend, TN and ask who they recommend.

No comments: