Sunday, March 9, 2014

Quill Gordons and Blue Quills

Hans was headed to the mountains and offered to give me a ride after I practically invited myself along.  With gas prices these days, a fella can't be too thrifty, so I was glad to go on his dime.  He stopped by just before 11:00 am and we loaded up his pick up and headed out...we had only gone a couple of blocks before we turned around to pick up my waders.  He asked me if I had forgotten anything and I assured him that I had not.  I guess waders don't count as much.  After a quick second stop by my car to get my gear, we were off.  We got to the park and stopped to eat just before entering.  Good homemade food.  I had some vegetables and Hans go a nice BBQ sandwich...boy it sure smelled better than my vegetables.  One day I'll have to remedy this constant financial distress that I seem to be in.  Hans had decided that he wanted to hit a run up high.  The weather was nice and it was warm with temps in the 60's or more.  The water was around 50 degrees at about 2500 feet in elevation.  We saw some hatches of quill gordons, blue quills and stone flies but nothing spectacular.  After a bit we decided to heat low to warmer water.  It wasn't long before I got one on, but he was soon off.  I saw some rises but Hans reported that he had seen none.  All in all, it was nice to get out.  I think the rise will be on soon, if the warm weather holds out.  A few pics follow:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: