Sunday, September 9, 2012

Fly Fishing the Little Duck River

I had been wanting to try the Little Duck for some time now and finally got the opportunity as the first of the cool weather hit Middle Tennessee.  It has been an extremely hot summer but we had some rain recently so the river looked ok down low.  It was still too low up high to fish though.  I took a walk down the trail to some beautiful water:

 
 
 
 
 
 
I saw several stripers in the 12-16" range but spooked every one of them.  As I was getting line out they always spooked by the second false cast.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do to catch one.  I tried a dry toward the end of the day and got into several of these little guys:
 
 
After catching about 10 of these nice little gills and some long ears I decided it was time to head home.  I had to say goodbye to a beautiful little river, but I'll be back as I only explored a portion of it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: