Sunday, October 2, 2011

Elkmont, GSMNP September 2011

My wife and I are celebrating our 10th and decided we would go camping for the weekend.  I promised her a trip to Venice later.  She has not been a big fan of camping in the past but on this trip she seemed to really come around.  I think this trip changed her mind on the idea of camping.  I usually go by myself and fly fish but this time we were going together so I decided to try and spend most of my time with her and off of the rivers and streams.  We set up our family sized tent with our three dogs in tow.  Bought a good bit of firewood and went into town for dinner the first night.  The next day I fished for few minutes and caught one small bow next to the campground.  We went into town again and had another nice meal and spent some time in the local arts and crafts stores.  It was fun watching her look at the pottery and paintings and "ooh" and "ah" at everything.  I found quite a few things that interested me as well since we have similar taste.  That night we made smores and sat talking about many things and growing still closer to each other.  The following morning I made breakfast complete with chocolate chip pancakes and spent a little time on the river before we left while my wife did her crossword puzzle.  I managed to get one on but he was off quickly.  No matter, I had spent time with God, my wife, the dogs and nature.  I couldn't ask for any more than that.











No comments: