Sunday, January 10, 2010

Decided to try the Harpeth. Hadn't fished it in forever. Drove down HWY70 through God's country outside of Nashville and stopped at the state park. Surveyed the river and watched for activity after I rigged up. I knew it would be difficult. I saw no movement and there was plenty of ice. The river was frozen all the way across in places and the areas that it wasn't, the ice patches were large. I managed to bust my way through the ice and find pockets of water that weren't saturated with ice. Fished for about an hour and a half and thought I had one bite. Hard to say as there was still enough ice to tug at my float line on occasion, but this tug was more noticable. Tried every technique I knew of with my white bugger and wanted to change flies, but my fingers were too cold and my legs too numb. I thought I was going to have trouble wading back to the bank because I couldn't feel my legs or feet. I'm glad I did it because it was beautiful.







No comments: